Getting Married or Divorced?
Don’t go into it alone! With a Certified Divorce Financial Planner™ at your side, you are making smart decisions today that will impact your future!
Can you answer these questions?
- How do I trace my Separate Property? How do I keep it separate throughout my marriage, but still benefit from the assets?
- Will I have to sell my home, or more importantly, should I?
- How do you divide your pension earnings and retirement savings earned before and during marriage?
- How is support calculated and is it waiveable? (Child support is never waiveable.)
Annette can answer all these questions for you with one simple call. 415-312-1987
Information for Attorneys (especially specializing in divorce)
Maybe you are one of those rare attorneys who is great with numbers and projecting your client’s finances forward for 10-40 years. Maybe you even enjoy this part of the work. If not, Annette should be your first call.
Annette Brown, MBA, EA, CDFA™, owner of AB & Associates will assist you in navigating the financial aspects of a divorce, including helping you allocate assets and income, valuing and evaluating business net worth and income potential, projecting the future financial effects of asset allocation decisions made today and budget development. Annette works with clients directly, and works with their attorneys directly or indirectly to demystify the financial aspects of divorce. Annette offers each client a scenario report that projects until retirement or death the effects of various financial decisions made today.
Certified Divorce Financial Analysts™ take the guess work out of predicting your client’s financial future.
- Should you recommend your client divide assets 50-50 if that division means that your client “keeps the house” and the other client “keeps the cash”?
- Which scenario is likely to result in the greater net worth 10, 20 years in the future?
- How about the client who has a business to value – Do you take the P&L that the business owner gives you at face value? Or do you analyze it against the past three years tax returns?
- How about the valuation of the business? While it is often valuable to hire a business valuation expert, is it always necessary, or can a finance professional provide valuable insight?
At AB & Associates, Annette offers over 20 years of business valuation, financial analysis and explaining finances to “non-numbers” people so that they can understand how their decisions translate into their financial future, and their financial future analysis can help inform their decisions.
Often, one partner or spouse understands the finances of the relationship and the other does not. In these cases especially, it can be helpful to have a patient financial person explain the options in areas of finances and protection of assets and reporting of assets.
Put a CDFA™ on your divorce team today and help insure that your client’s financial future is as positive as possible as they begin their new life.
Annette works in litigated cases, helping clients settle out of court, mediated cases and in the area of collaborative divorce. Fees are 1/4 to 1/3 of typical attorney fees.
AB & Associates can also work “in the background” supplying you with expert divorce financial information and analysis to assist you in advocating on behalf of your clients.
Act Now to Preserve your Assets!
Call me at 415-312-1987 (California Clients Only)